Next Meeting Saturday September 9th, 2017
Hello robotics enthusiasts! Stop by and see our robots every month. Everyone is welcome and no experience required. We have people from all ages and experience joining us every month who bring simple robots to extraordinary intelligent machines that include both hardware and software. Bring your kids so they can get inspired by these robots or to ask questions. We meet at California State University, Long Beach every second Saturday of the month and we include lectures, competitions and Show-N-Tell.
See About Us for directions and maps.
Want to see what we have done in previous months?
Monthly meeting reports with photos, videos and downloadable content.
This Month's Schedule
10:00-11:00 Special Interest Group Lectures- on Artificial Intelligence Special Interest Group based on leafproject.org by Dr. Bruce, discusses AI and Navigation topics (Neato Robotics Lidar, Python, SLAM, navigation, velocity scaling)
11:00-12:00 Class - AutoDesk Fusion 360 by Alan Timm
12:00-12:30 Break - bring your snacks or lunch
12:35-12:45 Business Meeting
- Monthly Events
- Next classes and Competitions including World Robot Olympiad
- Participation in the Long Beach ComiCon (Sept. 2017)
12:45- 1:15 Competition- Don't miss this exciting Robot Line Following. See Contest Rules menu for more details
1:15 - 3:00 Show-N-Tell - Show us what you are working on! Open to anyone to show what they are working on or ask for opinions and getting possible solutions.
Impress us with your best creation!
Join our mailing list to be up to date on our discussions. Join and see previous discussions at: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RSSC-list/info
You never know what people will bring to show off!
We are looking forward to a great meeting - see you there....
Need something from the old website? You can find lots of articles and previous events at RSSC Old Site Copy
2017 Scheduled Events
- Jan: Bill - Discussed the Arduino Alternatives
- Feb: Alan - All about Git Hub
- Mar: Mitch - Interfacing Arduino to Bluetooth
- Apr: Tim Lewis - Interfacing the Arduino Pro mini
- May: Mitch Lithium vs Lead Acid battery technologies
- June: DSP (by Les)
- July: Trossen Robotics Robot Arms WidowX ROS Programming Demos by Walter Martinez and Alan Timm
- Aug: Amazon Alexa Programming by Thomas
- Sept: AutoDesk Fusion 360 by Alan Timm
- October: Halloween by Tim Lewis
- Jan: No Contest
- Feb: No Contest
- Mar: Best use of voice command
- Apr: Line Following
- May: Sumo - moved to August
- June: Fire Fighting Robot Contest
- July: Walking Robot Contest
- Aug: Sumo
- Sept: Line Following (cancelled)
- Nov: Get me a drink contest www.rssc.org/get-me-a-drink-contest.html
- Dec: Talent Contest and Pizza Party
Events we are participating in or will visit as RSSC Members:
7/29/2017 Midsummer Scream Halloween Show in Long Beach. See Report.
8/13/17 WRO World Robot Olympiad in Long Beach. See Report.
10/7 and 10/8 2017 San Diego Maker Faire
Suva Elementary Science Fair 2017 in Bell Gardens, California
Walter Martinez represented RSSC at the 2017 Suva Elementary School by inspiring lots of young future roboticists!
See photos at www.rssc.org/2017suvaelementary.html
RSSC Was Present at the 2017 Bay Area Maker Faire
Thanks to Mitch Anderson and his daughter for representing RSSC at the world's greatest Maker Faire! See photos www.rssc.org/2017bayareamakerfaire.html
RSSC's Alan Timm and Walter Martinez had a podcast interview with Dot Cannon on her show Over Coffee
RSSC at the San Diego Maker Faire 2016.
See report and photos here:
SoCal Maker Convention in Pomona, Saturday November 5th. Get tickets at http://socalmakercon.com
National Robotics Week! April 2-10, 2016
2015 RSSC Event Participation:
- RSCC will be participating in the San Diego Maker Faire October 3-4, 2015
- RSSC was present in the DARPA Robotics Challenge Finals on Friday and Saturday June 5th and 6th at the Fairplex in Pomona. Thanks Robotis for allowing us to be part of your venue and great job in the contest!
- RSSC participated in the Orange County Mini Makers Faire at the Irvine Valley College on Saturday May 9th
- RSSC participated in the Long Beach Robo Tech Innovation Celebration on Sunday March 29th, 2015
Hanson Robotics visits RSSC
TrackRoamer Project by Sergei
Github Source Code github.com/slgrobotics/TrackRoamer
Prof. Mason from Mt. Sac College participates with his students in a Fire Fighting Robot Contest
Walter Martinez InMoov robot named EVO