Next Meeting Saturday March 11th, 2017
Hello robotics enthusiasts! Stop by and see our robots every month. Everyone is welcome and no experience required. We have people from all ages and experience joining us every month. Bring your kids so they can get inspired by these robots. We meet at California State University, Long Beach every second Saturday of the month. See About Us for directions.
See Meeting Reports for detailed monthly meeting reports with photos, videos and files.
Read last month's meeting report
This Month's Schedule
10:00-11:00 leafproject.org Artificial Intelligence Special Interest Group - Dr. Bruce discusses AI topics (Neato Robotics Lidar, Python, SLAM, navigation)
11:00-12:00 Class - Interfacing Arduino to Bluetooth by Mitch
12:00-12:30 Break - bring your snacks or lunch
12:30-12:45 Business Meeting
12:45- 1:15 Competition- Best use of voice command. Have your robot commanded by voice.
Impress us with your best creation!
2:30 - Show-N-Tell - Show us what you are working on! Open to anyone to show what they are working on or ask for opinions and getting possible solutions.
Join our mailing list to be up to date on our discussions:
You never know what people will bring to show off!
We are looking forward to a great meeting - see you there....
Need something from the old website? You can find lots of articles and previous events at RSSC Old Site Copy
RSSC is an exciting and fun experimental robotics society formed in the late 1970's to meet the demand in interest in robotics in Southern California which to this day keeps on growing!. We meet once a month on the second Saturday of the month at California State University Long Beach in the Engineering Technology (ET) building, room 241 . Our meetings start at 10 AM with classes, special interest groups on different robotics subjects from simple to very complex. Anyone interested in robotics and other latest technologies such as 3D printing, Arduino maker movement, Particle, Raspberry Pi, Robotis, NAO, ROS Robot Operating System, InMoov, Lego, Artificial Intelligence of any age group and skill level is welcome to come to our meetings! We also have presenters from student projects, Battlebot builders to Mars rover drivers, movie and TV commercial robot builders and leaders from the robotics community. Stay up to date of what's going on by joining our mailing list! We are roboholics and love building autonomous robots!
Live in the Inland Empire in California please visit our sister club The Riverside Robotics Society
2017 Scheduled Events
- Jan: Bill - Discussed the Arduino Alternatives
- Feb: Alan - All about Git Hub
- Mar: Mitch - Interfacing Arduino to Bluetooth
- Apr: Tim Lewis - Interfacing the Arduino Pro mini
- May: Mitch Lithium vs Lead Acid battery technologies
- June: DSP (by Les)
- July: Raspberry Pi (possibly)
- Aug: Machine Vision (by Karl possibility)
- Jan: No Contest
- Feb: No Contest
- Mar: Best use of voice command
- Apr: Line Following
- May: Sumo
- June: Open Door or fetch beverage (tentative)
- July: Walking Robot Contest
- Dec: Talent Contest and Pizza Party
Hanson Robotics Visiting RSSC
RSSC at the San Diego Maker Faire 2016.
See report and photos here:
SoCal Maker Convention in Pomona, Saturday November 5th. Get tickets at http://socalmakercon.com
National Robotics Week! April 2-10, 2016
2015 RSSC Event Participation:
- RSCC will be participating in the San Diego Maker Faire October 3-4, 2015
- RSSC was present in the DARPA Robotics Challenge Finals on Friday and Saturday June 5th and 6th at the Fairplex in Pomona. Thanks Robotis for allowing us to be part of your venue and great job in the contest!
- RSSC participated in the Orange County Mini Makers Faire at the Irvine Valley College on Saturday May 9th
- RSSC participated in the Long Beach Robo Tech Innovation Celebration on Sunday March 29th, 2015